Subject: RE: [Leica] Things to see in Victoria
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 21:13:04 -0700

I was in Germany this past week, and noticed a letter which I intercepted
from Leica Camera, Germany to one of our favorite Luggers.............

Dear Ted,,,,,

We have heard that you spend time in pastures getting the "cow stuff" off
your M6.  Further, that you use your long johns for cleaning the world's
finest lenses.  Last but not least, the admission that you polish your Leica
cameras.

I can only say that you seem to be involved with your cameras in ways that
are,......... well, .........creative.

 We appreciate your images.  We love your books.  We worship your
photographic wisdom.  We all appreciate your enormous enthusiasm with all
things Leica, but in some ways, your battle tales are a bot too risque for
the old Company.

However, your "recommendations " on things to do with your Leica are quite
honestly , driving our marketing personnel to spend their extra time in the
local, rather than at their desks.  Please try to tone down your stories,
especially in these extracurricular ways.

Leica Camera, Germany.

Frank Filippone, correspondent.

PS: Ted, we love you.......AND your stories.

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Things to see in Victoria)