Subject: Re: [Leica] OT:Travel Question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 21:36:48 -0600

Well I guess it all depends on what they like to look at. It is
remarkably picturesque with very good weather for a coastal location
(unlike Vancouver and Seattle where it rains a good deal). It is a
little bit of Jolly Old England cast asunder from the UK. As a matter of
fact I feel like a foreigner when I visit there! The clincher is that
the Canadian dollar is trading at around $0.64US so it is ridiculously
inexpensive for US tourists.

It has charming Parliament buildings, a fabulous museum and Afternoon
Tea at the Empress (proper attire only please, no shorts and wear a
tie). Photographically speaking it features Ted Grant and his wonderful
significant other! We had a delightful visit with them and took the
opportunity to buy a signed copy of his book. So tell them to go for it.
I would be delighted to pass on my meager knowledge to them if they have
any specific questions.

John Collier