Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon 8000 scanner
From: Steve Hickel <smhickel@chartermi.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 16:01:22 -0400

I found the 3.0 version of their software more palatable. It used to
hang more than the newer version (3.12 I think), but I liked the way it
handled ice, Roc, and gem.

It seems that GEM or Roc or both over-saturate a lot of the time.
Perhaps I need to calibrate or something, but that is what I find.
Lately I have turned off all the accutrements and gone with the straight
scans, especially with tmax 400 stuff. I like the grainier look.

Steve