Subject: Re: [Leica] airport security kinda long. ;-)
From: John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 15:57:41 -0400

On 7/5/02 1:51 PM, "James A. Gatlin" <jagatlin@attbi.com> wrote:

> Well I guess D.B., the alternative is shut up, and take whatever is dished
> out to us at the airport, and fall in line like good little sheep.

Reading this you would think no-one on this list flies internationally, or
for business. I wonder what the options are for travelling from Toronto, to
London, to Los Angeles and back to Toronto, by train. Personally I've found
the new security measure no more irksome than they have been in London for
decades. The worst thing is that the minimum labor security guys often have
bad hygiene and being close-searched by a stinker is unpleasant.

The most frightening aspect of it all is the dopy looking National Guard (I
assume) guys standing around with automatic weapons, ensuring there is a
handy supply of munitions available if the Hamas operatives have their
confiscated.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com