Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicas on Tripods
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 09:29:29 -0700

on 7/5/02 8:11 AM, Frank Filippone at red735i@earthlink.net thoughtfully
wrote:

> Do you use a tripod when shooting landscapes?
>
> I am thinking that the quality ot films and optics is such that I am
> considering getting rid of the LF or MF cameras and going Leica M only.
>
> Thoughts?

Always. I read, probably in Erwin's reports, that only a very fine grain
film like TechPan and a tripod will let you exploit the Leica lenses to
their fullest. I use one religiously when I'm in the field doing anything
that is going to be substantially enlarged and always when I'm shooting
Technical Pan. Heck, I even use  it with the Agfa 100 film. I find it makes
me think more.

I also use a cable release.

I do this with both the M6's and the R8 and I've been very pleased with my
results.

Adam