Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicas on Tripods
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 12:06:58 EDT

In a message dated 7/5/02 11:17:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
red735i@earthlink.net writes:

> Do you use a tripod when shooting landscapes?
>
>  I am thinking that the quality ot films and optics is such that I am
>  considering getting rid of the LF or MF cameras and going Leica M only.

Yes, Frank, if going for really big prints, say 20X24. Or with a long lens at
an insufficient shutter speed. I've got a 16X20 of the Grand Tetons across
Jackson Lake, shot hand-held on an M4 with 21/3,4 Super-Angulon that is pin
sharp.

Go Leica M.

Seth         LaK 9