Subject: RE: [Leica] OT, B.D. I got it. D100
From: "Sam Krneta" <skrneta@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 00:16:18 -0500

Steven,

If by "first" you mean getting one, I just got lucky...my local (I don't
really want to say hole in the wall) camera store got a few, and I was
the first to put my name down for one (actually two, one for a friend).
I had a little time to play with it today. I haven't looked at the
results yet, but the one thing that impresses me is the lack of any lag
time. Whe you hit the shutter release it does exactly that without any
hesitation. I compared it to my friends N80 and although you could see
some similarities I think they are the ones that are related to all
Nikon bodies. This looks like a cross between the 80 and 100.

I did stop and get the microdrive. The clincher was the $50 dollar mail
in rebate, that with the $100 gift certificate from Christmas, my out of
pocket was minimal. As a side note, if I ever get asked about the 2 two
year extended warrany one mor time I'm going to strangle something.

Sam Krneta