Subject: RE: [Leica] OT, B.D. I got it. D100
From: weakley.hollow@gte.net
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 16:09:38 -0400

b.d.,

you've said nothing that i don't agree with.  but... what's your
approach to ensuring that your images are long lived, for future
generations of colens?  i'm strictly talking about those you believe
they will care to have passed down.  i only deal with film, but being
52, i may have to change over before i kick the bucket.  i'm about to
start copying critical family photos, and documents, dating back to
the civil war, onto new film. it wouldn't be the first fool's errand
i'd done. many of our treasured family photos are nothing more than
artless snapshots;  they get more valuable if you keep 'em long
enough. cheers, glm

At 3:25 PM -0400 7/3/02, you wrote:

>sounds like someone in 1920 proudly
>announcing that he dumped that damn Ford and went back to his faithful
>steed. Whether or not the image quality you are now getting from the Rolleis
>is superior, I'd be willing to make a small wager that within three to five
>years, if not sooner, virtually all your clients will demand digital -
>whether or not you are a third generation Rollei user.
<&c>
- --
gary misch
cdr, usn (ret.)