Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 and scratched slide film
From: weber_leou@itri.org.tw
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 14:35:54 +0800

Dear R8 users,

My R8 had this annoying problem before. The scratches are at the back side
and it looks like tiny railway is running through the whole roll of film!
It happens on every rolls of film. The lack of lubricant and collecting
minute amounts of material from dirty finger print might be the reasons to
cause scratching presure plate!

What I do is spraying the 3M 5_WAY lubricant over the film presure plate, and wipe it gently.
And the scraches gone! From that on, I will lubricate the presure plate occasionally and
keep it clean.

But recently I find the scraches get back again at the beginning 2 exposed of the film.
It might be the loose film touching parts of the body when loading and rewind the film?

Weber Leou
E-Mail: weber_leou@yahoo.com.tw

Replies: Reply from Stephen Gandy <leicanikon@earthlink.net> ([Leica] FS: New $525 M Mount TTL Camera)
Reply from "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] R8 and scratched slide film)