Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: FOM 2/year 2
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 12:32:55 -0700

Allan Wafkowski wrote:
> I too have an uneasiness about the FOM2 only accepting Leica taken
> photos. There is no way to enforce the demand. Any photo taken with any
> camera and lens can be submitted. Are the entries going to be
> authenticated by bokeh? Truth is, any slob with a point-and-shoot can
> enter FOM2. The demand leads already weak human nature down the path of
> dishonesty.<<<

And much more........

Alan,
A couple of points and I see Steve has already pointed out the honour system
which to some of us still has meaning, as does the hand shake of two men on
an agreeemnt without a dozen lawyers writing paper work.

I mean if one can't be honest to themselves, their friends and associates
then why be concerned about submitting photographs by a Leica. If one can't
abide by the rules then don't bother with the project at all. Isn't that a
simple solution?

Just go do your thing and leave those who wish to be part of this project in
an honest manner to do theirs. I can't understand what all the damn fuss is
about by people who belong to the LUG who want to submit pictures shot with
another brand camera when this project has nothing to do with other brands.
Everyone knows .... it's photographs with a Leica, so what's so damn hard to
understand, by you and others, that that's the plan as laid out several
years ago when this project was suggested and accepted by the crew. I might
add with great enthusiasm!

My suggestion to you and all the others who have a problem with whether
Leica is or isn't doing anything with it, or they can't use other cameras to
submit or can't be honest enough to only submit Leica exposed pictures
is.... go away and do your own FOM!  The rest of us will do our thing
honestly as we are still honourable people.

Damn that's so simple I can't imagine there's such a bunch of  whining
weiners carrying on about the rules to be part of the project. If members
don't agree with the way it's set-up then they are not honour bound to
participate, leave it be and forget about it.

it's the old story mon ami.... KISS it!  Keep it simple stupid!
ted