Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: To M7 or not to M7, c'est la question - LONG
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 21:19:21 EDT

There is one attribute of the Leica that I believe no one has mentioned
directly. Its reliability and staunchness have been noted. What has not is
that if one amortizes the high initial cost over the years of hard,
in-service life and the rare need for repair that Leicas give,  then measure
the cpy, the cost per year, against that of the competition, repair and
service costs and the need to throw away or replace by trade-in, it is very
likely that the Leica is no more expensive and perhaps less so.

All the while returning the tactile pleasure of using a fine instrument and
the comfort of knowing that your equipment WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN.

> the position Allan has taken. A position I share with him - and I hope he
and >
> everyone else can stand the shock of that!;-)
>
>  B. D.

.......as shocking as if one were to learn that the small one and I have been
passing civil, even cordial messages back and forth. What is the world coming
to?

seth           lak 9