Subject: [Leica] Re: To M7 or not to M7, c'est la question - LONG
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 18:35:32 -0400

The Leica myth.

Anyone here could, for $240, buy a Minolta Maxxum 5 or Canon Rebel 2000
and have a more capable camera than the $2500 M7. Both run circles
around the M7's antiquated exposure system. Gone too is the lame excuse,
"I must have a fully mechanical camera for those times when I go brain
dead and forget the batteries."

The Leica myth is running out of excuses as the M series becomes a
fairly modern camera. Soon the excuses will become so thin, "It's the
only camera that has a red dot I can cover up", will be the answer of
choice when asked why one paid $2000 more and got less.

Allan

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: To M7 or not to M7, c'est la question - LONG)