Subject: Re: [Leica] 0.85 v0.72 etc
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 07:23:30 -0400

It's ok Mark.  The poster traded in a svelte instinctual device for the
ultimate necklace.  No way to miss this three pound black overpriced* blob
around my neck.  I must be good, I overpaid to get the top of the line model
to take snaps.

Oh, and I want a hot day to schlep ten pounds of jewelry up a mountain?
Give me a cool overcast day any time, my favorite landscapes all have
interesting clouds in the scene.

It is all about what you want to do.  While waiting at the DMV last week
with my daughter I shot through two rolls of film with nary a problem as to
people noticing and caring that I was taking their picture.  I can't do that
with an SLR.

*Overpriced as the F100 model does what the F5 does with the exception of
the higher framing rate and durability issues(50,000 vs. 150,000 frame
shutter) so our friend spent something around $700 more than needed to
acquire a SLR.  In fact, paid more than a R8 goes for with a motor.

So much fun when someone does in a non Leica system what Leica users are
accused of. :')

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] 0.85 v0.72 etc)