Subject: Re: [Leica] 0.85 v 0.72 or 0.56
From: Leon Jackson Davenport <ldavenport@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 05:27:00 -0400

Clive,

Perhaps it would be better to get a diopter lens for your m6 so you
wouldn't need to wear your glasses when shooting.  The advantage is that
you could look at any point in the viewfinder and get a corrected (for
you sight) image.  There is another advantage, when using the longer
lenses I find the .85 image invaluable in achieving the pin point focus
that I want.  To put it more succinctly the higher magnification of the
viewfinder and the corrected eyepiece should make it easier for you to
focus.  To go to a lesser (.72 or .58) magnified image, might hinder you
from focusing accurately.

Regards,

Leon.