Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Mac User and Programmer [extended OT rant]
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 23:06:19 -0400

At 07:09 PM 6/16/02 -0700, Darrell Jennings wrote:
>Marc, I have worked in IT (Information Technology) and
>Communications for 27 years....and acronyms are not
>going away.

Thank you for your most kind posting.  However, I was not speaking of
professional life, but life here on the Leica Users' Group.  Why not spell
out Leica Users' Group?  Why not use the apostrophe to admit the existence
of the possessive case?  Why not do things clearly and cleanly and properly?

My law practice barely interfaces with "technology":  it could be run by a
kerosene lamp and without a telephone.  (And, whenever I do hear the
telephone ring, I assure my secretary that it will be taken out ASAP.  She
loves telephone calls, while I regard them as horrible things.

In the end, allow me to suggest that we ignore the dictates of any of these
"technogeeks" and simply choose to spell things out!

Best

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!