Subject: Re: [Leica] Mac User and Programmer
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 19:07:10 -0400

At 05:32 PM 6/16/02 -0400, Andrew Schroter wrote:
>SA stands for Systems Administrator. I suggest is was an automatic use of an
>acronym, forgetting that most people don't have a clue as to what an SA is.
>Governmental bodies are much more famous for the use of Acronyms, although
>the IT (Information Technology) industry has more than its share.
>
>I don't believe it was an intention to confuse the uninitiated, just
>forgetting there are uninitiated out there.

Thanks for the decypherment.  However, in the end, confusing the
uninitiated is what it is all about, whether intentional or not.  That is
why Liberal Arts types find dealing with engineering and science and math
types so frustrating:  we are trained to COMMUNICATE, where these other
guys appear trained to obfuscate.

I am retired from the US Army Reserve, and spent 4 years active, 4 years in
the Guard, and 12 in the Reserves.  I never did use acronyms ....

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] Mac User and Programmer)