Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 24: The World Cup in Zurich
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 23:25:07 +0200

Last Saturday I watched Croatia beat Italy in the morning, and the early
afternoon game was Brazil vs China. Since the outcome of the latter was
a given (miracles do occur but for China to beat Brazil would be a
rupture in the time-space continuum), I decided to go to Zurich's
immigrant neighbourhood centred around Langstrasse, hoping that there
would be photogenic Brazilians to photograph while their team was
winning. And I was not disappointed; Brazil won 4-0 and there plenty of
beautiful people around:

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_24.jpg
http://www.wajsman.com/2002_24alt1.jpg

After the final whistle the Brazilians staged an impromptu victory
parade down Langstrasse, most un-Swiss (this is not a country where a
lot of impromptu things happen):

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_24alt2.jpg

The main picture and the first two alternates with Leica M7, 35mm
Summilux ASPH on Fuji Provia 400F. The next two alternates were also
made with the M7+35mm, but on Kodachrome 64. The Croats were also out
celebrating, and were attempting to fraternise the Brazilian girls,
which did not surprise me at all:

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_24alt3.jpg

...although the Croat girls are not bad either:

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_24alt4.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw2002.htm

and comments and critique are always welcomed and appreciated.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland