Subject: Re: [Leica] This week's PAW from Jim Shulman
From: "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:28:53 -0400

Hi Jim:

I am the President of our local philharmonic here in Florida.  While I
sympathize with your wishes to take photos, and certainly admire your
technique for taking surreptitious pictures, I think that if the rules say
"No photos during a performance", then perhaps one ought to listen and do as
the authorities wish.. We can all envision scenarios wherein performers
might be distracted by ones photos...flash, or not.

Just my own opinion, and certainly not meant as a violent criticism of you
or others.  I do realize that you are a Board member, and allowed to take
photos at given times at your own symphony. However, if one goes to a
concert event, or a museum, or a party, etc.,  where one goes voluntarily
( paying or not ), and where one knows the rules before one goes...well, why
not play by the rules.

How is your orchestra doing?  Classical music is almost as hard a sell as
non digital photography!

Elliot