Subject: [Leica] Next Logical Telephoto Lens After 180mm
From: Ken Lassiter <kenlass@gate.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 18:01:41 -0400

I second the motion for a 350mm f4.8 Telyt.  I just came back from
photographing landscapes in Tuscany for 4 weeks and used my 350 a lot.

I have also used the lens with the 2X extender to shoot birds and other
wildlife.  Using the lens at 700mm almost always means a tripod but I
can handhold the lens OK at 350mm.  I find a monopod good when working
at 350 too.

This is a great lens and underrated by many people.

However, if you have a 180 f2.8, the 2X extender will make your lens
360mm at f5.6, almost the same.  So the least cost solution is the
extender.  The lens plus extender is more versatile and extends your
range to 350 and 700mm.

Ken Lassiter
Boynton Beach, FL