Subject: [Leica] Interview with Tina Manley
From: Ken Lassiter <kenlass@gate.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 17:27:38 -0400

While I was in Italy, an interview I did with Tina Manley was published
in Photographer's Forum magazine.  Some of you have seen it but many
others have not.  The comments I have received so far are favorable and
most readers find it quite inspirational.

If you are interested, you can find copies for sale in the USA at
Borders and Barnes & Noble bookstores.  Some other major bookstores may
also carry it if they sell a lot of magazine titles.

You can also order a copy from the publisher.  I believe the cost is $5
per issue plus mailing.  A subscription is only US$15 per year in the
USA; US$19 in Canada and US$22 outside the USA.  It is published 4 times

per year and includes interviews and portfolios of photographers.  The
reproduction quality of the photographs is much better than most photo
magazines.  The paper quality is outstanding for magazines published
today.

The address:

Photographer's Forum
511 Olive Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

You can also fax an order to 1-805-965-0496.  Include a credit card
number and your shipping/mailing address.

You want to order the Summer 2002 issue.  The article on Tina starts on
page 26 and runs for 9 pages. Seven of her photographs are included plus

a photo of Tina by me.  In the interview, Tina talks a lot about how and

why she uses Leica cameras.

I write for almost every issue of Photographer's Forum magazine.  The
next issue will include an interview with David Valdez, who was personal

photographer to Vice President George Herbert Walker Bush and stayed on
for 4 years while Bush was president.  While I was in Italy, I
interviewed Andrea De Polo of Fratilli Alinari, the oldest photography
company in the world still operating.  They were founded in 1852, 13
years after photography was invented.  They are located in Florence and
have the oldest and one of the largest archives of photographs in the
world, over 4,000,000 images going back to the beginning of photography.

This interview will be published in Photographer's Forum but I do not
know which issue yet.

Another Leica photographer was highlighted in the last issue:  Chien-Chi

Chang, the newest and youngest member of Magnum Photos.

Ken Lassiter, Boynton Beach, FL