Subject: [Leica] This week's PAW from Jim Shulman
From: Jim Shulman <garcia@chesco.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:14:31 -0400

Off to the Reading symphony hall for the introduction of the new
Concertmaster, Chrisopher Lee.  For those not up on things orchestral, the
concertmaster is the first of the first violins.  He/she is the one who
comes out just before the conductor and strikes the A for orchestra tuning.
He/she also plays all the violin solos in orchestral repertoire.  It's sort
of the liason position between the conductor and the general orchestral
players.

It was a big deal for Reading, since Chris is their first new concertmaster
in 26 years. He played several selections with piano, and answered questions
from the audience.

Lighting was almost non-existent, but I was able to squeeze a few shots with
Ilford XP2 and my trusty Elamrit 135/2.8 wide open at 1/60:
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=812385&size=lg

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA