Subject: [Leica] first friday PLUG hangover review
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:23:38 -0400

what a mess, but what a wonderful mess. while brad and i were hanging photos
at Temple Gallery colin voze showed up, and a couple of goth models ...
linda met us down at PLUGger kaye hirst's show at arts and infinity, stuff
looked really nice, 28 gloomy photographs a couple poster size enlargements
(she had done at "Sir Speedy" for crying out loud, they looked pretty darn
good) she'd bought five gallons of wine which was gone within an hour;
gallery was packed though ... finally colin and i went on a wine run with
kaye's boyfriend, more models showed up, including some new ones kaye's been
shooting -- it looked like a back table at Spago for a while. gallery
packed. Back to temple, emily showed up with a couple people in tow. Audry
Fox shows up, we talk about the state of mural painting. Ran into Sal
DiMarco who gave Colin and Linda and Brad and I buttons that said "LUG". Sal
ran off in the other direction with Alfie and three or four or five other
PLUGgers, Link ran by a couple minutes afterwards, but he and colin stopped
to exchange postcards (oh, by the way, anybody who hasn't bought a copy of
colin's Towers of Light photo should really consider it, it's the best image
of that monument i've seen). Colleen showed up, with her shirt on and a
couple of psychofants in tow. Colin loaned me a roll of tri-x. Booze
exhausted we make off for dinner in Chinatown, about fifteen of us, joined
by a couple of Romanian ex-pats who've been helping Scott Squire get settled
in Bucharest, missed Sal and the other bits of the PLUG because i forgot my
own phone number, on a small detour we actually get thrown out of an adult
"novelty" shop by a little guy in a sailor suit shrieking "you have to
leave! you have to leave now! get out! get out! get out now!" dinner was
lovely. Pix, i'm sure, will follow.

forgive my rapidly shifting tenses, everything was and is at the same time.

keep pushing that shutter button, it'll come unstuck,

kc