Subject: RE: [Leica] JOBO processers and B&W
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:38:56 -0700

Ice cubes are the ticket.... just throw in a few, and remember that it takes
a while to adjust the temp of the SOLUTIONS... not the water....  Given the
short times, the temp will be OK for the run.... you will not need more
ice.....

I do all my work in the early AM, when it is cool, and I can naturally
expect the temp to be low.....

2 things to watch out for.... Developer exhaustion, and maximum capacity of
the tanks for the processor you get.....  The CPE2 is limited to 600mL.  The
othere CPP or CPA processors are limited to 1L.    Certain developers
require a minimum of solution to be not fully exhausted.  Given that you
could develop 5 rools of film in a 1500 series tank, which by CPE2 specs
require a max of 600mL, you need to be sure your developer can be used at a
120mL per roll...TMX-RS requires 200  mL per roll at a dilution of 1:5.. so
I can do only 3 rolls in a 5 roll tank using this combo.....

I found this all out the hard way..... ask questions...... several of us
have JOBO systems and they are great, but you need to think about things..
and not find out like we all did.... the hard way.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net