Subject: [Leica] The 3E... maybe the best travel lens?
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 22:00:25 -0700

OK.. we were headed for Yellowstone and got snowed out..... so we headed
south, towards the 4 Corners area.  I had thought that I would use the Leica
only for long walks, in the woods.  I had a Tri Elmar, 15 Heliar, and the 90
Skinny T-E.  I had not shot the 3E very much, but figured I was going to
tuse the LF stuff most of the time, so why not force myself to use the 3E.
Seems that we ended up in 112 degree heat, walking around Indian ruins.  The
3E was a wonderful lens.....It produced some lovely negs ( no prints yet)..

What I want to say is that if you are going to be outside, in dazzling sun
( snow or the 19 zones of light in the SouthWest), I propose the 3E is avery
exciting lens to work with.  It is light allows framing to fill the frame,
and it is light.  The F4 max aperture never was an issue ( f11 most of the
time).  I recommend it highly......

BTW, for those of you heading for Canyon de Chelly or Mesa Verde, spend some
extra time to visit Hovenweep National Monument.  Really nice, without the
crowds.  Beautiful ruins.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from "Rey C. Lopez" <johnyoko@pacbell.net> ([Leica] webpage)