Subject: Re: [Leica] Austin, please follow up on scanning
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 04:38:25 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with all on the Epson 2450.  A great scanner
for the price. I bought it specifically because it
could handle the medium format work, and have even
used it to help my brother in law scan some glass
slides from WWI that came out wonderfully well.

If you have a really difficult negative or chrome to
scan you may want to pay for a drum scan of an
individual image (see D. Herr's excellent explanation
of this showing different scanners and their result on
a heron shot in the archives). But for 99.9% of your
work a 2450 will get the job done really well for
about 10% of the price of a Nikon 8000.