Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: RE: [Fwd: scanner]
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 07:34:01 -0400

Hi Jim,

Any of the new above $500 scanners can get most everything out of
transparencies, and certainly any of the over $1000 can get it all.  It's
more operator prowess than scanner these days, as the hardware can easily
cover the density range of standard transparencies.  I also believe that has
more to do with proper exposure and development and then scanning savvy than
it does with "magic Leica lenses" ;-)

Regards,

Austin