Subject: RE: [Leica] Austin, please follow up on scanning
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 23:21:40 -0400

> So, Austin if you would, what is important in flat bed scanners,
> who does a
> good job of capturing detail in a slide or negative with the emphasis on
> quality over price as long as we aren't talking about Leica prices.

Hi Don,

For scanning MF ONLY I have heard great things about the Epson 2450 I
believe it is.  I would suggest you check the filmscanner archives at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/filmscanners@halftone.co.uk

and see if you can find something about flat beds there.  I have no personal
experience with flatbed scanning of negatives, except for making contact
sheets using my Epson 836XL, which is a tabloid scanner and is 800DPI, and
is perfect for making digital contact sheets.

Regards,

Austin

Replies: Reply from Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Austin, please follow up on scanning)