Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Wanted .75 Diopter
From: rclompus@cox.net
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 21:13:19 -0400

Peter,

With your contact lenses, use the eye with the distance correction.  This should give you the clearest image through the viewfinder and permit you to get as full a view as possible.  The monovision (near) eye won't be of much help for the viewfinder but will permit you to read the aperture settings on the lens or shutter speed.

Using the top of distance portion of your bifocal glasses will give you a clesr view through the viewfinder but will not permit you to get your eye close enough to the viewfinder to see the full view.  There would be no benefit in using a diopter corrective lens on the viewfinder with your glasses or contact lenses.

Use a -0.50 diopter corrective lens mounted onto the viewfinder for your distance eye.  Most corrective lenses come in 0.50 diopter incremenets.  It's better (ie. more comfortable) to be a little bit undercorrected than overcorrected.

I hope this helps.  If you need more guidance, please feel free to contact me.

Richard Clompus, OD
Roanoke, VA
rclompus@cox.net