Subject: [Leica] More Sywell Country Park
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 10:40:10 -0500

Graham,
    I like all three, and I love the idea of doing a photo essay
on a local park. I tried some shots at my local park, but didn't
get much I'm happy with.  I think your shots will inspire me to
return. Did you consciously avoid bringing human subjects into
most of the pictures, or is that a reflection of the lack of
human density in the park--a good reason to spend lots of time
there! :-)
    I think you might be able to improve 9 and 10, particularly,
with a bit of cropping.  It seems to me that the foreground
element in both provides most of the interest.  The general rule
of thumb here about including mostly land, or mostly sky, not an
even split, can be applied here, IMHO.  I think you could reduce
the amount of sky in each shot.  You could probably cut some of
the foreground water in 11 too, but there isn't so much here, and
it isn't as important.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net