Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux 1 does a Hat Trick :-(
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:48:14 -0400

At 03:54 PM 5/28/02 -0400, you wrote:

>See: http://www.extremetech.com/print_article/0,3428,a=27323,00.asp
>
>BTW, Leica's old digital partner Fuji is producing some fine products now,
>see the earlier review on the FujiFilm FinePix S602Z.
>
>Doug from Tumwater

Les Freed doesn't know what he is talking about.  First he says that Secure
Digital Cards only come in memory up to 128MB.  I have a 256.  Then he
complains that the LCD screen is dim.  It is purposely dim to save battery
power. When you touch the shutter release, the screen lights up and is the
largest and brightest available.  Just look at the number of pixels to
confirm this.  If the screen was still too dim for him, he should read the
instruction book about how to change the display. I never use the
viewfinder because the screen is so easy to use. He says it is possible to
leave the LCD on when the hood is closed, wasting batteries.  The screen
automatically turns itself off.  It sounds like he used the camera without
exploring any of the optional settings available.

I don't understand this bashing of the Leica/Panasonic.  Especially the
complaints about the picture quality.  Unless I just happened to get a
freak good one in a run of bad ones!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com