Subject: RE: [Leica] Darkroom in a manufactured home
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 17:45:05 -0400

Time to pull on my flame-retardant long-johns...

It's not my cup of Xtol, but I can certainly understand your wanting to
develop a set up that will allow you to process your own film...but why in
God's green doublewide anyone in his or her right mind would chose this
point in the history of photography to invest in a wet printing set up is
beyond me. Sure, if you've already got the darkroom and are already
printing, I can understanding -sort of - continuing with it, given how hard
old habits die.....but...

Get yourself a good fast Windows machine - or Mac G4 - with as many gigs of
storage as you can possibly afford, a good film scanner, and an Epson 1280
and Piezo B&W software and ink for quadtone printing and go to town....

B. D.