Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: GT40
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:58:54 -0700

On 5/24/02 charles walden  wrote:

>glad to see another 540i user - it's the only other mechanical device I
>enjoy as much as my m3 on a daily basis.

I've got 100,000 miles on it now, will keep it for at least another 100,000. It
gives me as much pleasure today as it did that first day driving home from the
dealership. AND the anal-retentive German engineering saved my bacon when a
truck forced me off into the median at 80 MPH while travelling through Wyoming.
Turkey didn't even stop - I don't think he saw me - but the BMW did great. Just
got some dried grass in the suspension. My heart-rate: now that's a different
story.

It's a great carrier for my M6's and R8. Although my pickup is also.

AB