Subject: [Leica] Gary Knight's Leica gear
From: "m" <matteo1970@fish.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 17:43:25 +0200

I've just read in Photo magazine, Italian edition,
June issue
A great story about Gary Knight's Kosovo work ( see
http://www.foto8.com/issue09/reportage/GaryKnight/evidence00.html )

He talks about his gear: 2 M6 bodies, Summilux 30 and 50,
plus a 75, all on Tri-X ( ASA 100 to 1600), Plus-X
when the light allows it. No flash
He carries a Hasseblad X-Pan too
He's a Leica fan, also talks about that (the easy focussing,
no mirror-easier to work at slow speeds, etc etc)

Knight is part of the new VII agency ( www.viiphoto.com )
with Nachtwey, Morris, Kratochvil, Haviv et al.
He's the author of the famous photograph of the
Serbian torture chamber's wall, with "NATO" written in blood
It's just a wall with writing on it, but that really
makes my blood curl, every time I see it

Check out his work if you like great photojournalism.
And it's Leica photojournalism, too, to stay in topic

matteo

matteo persivale
Milan, Italy
Japan Search: http://japan.co.jp