Subject: Re: [Leica] digital and consumers
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 22:17:00 -0400

B.D., of course there are boors in every crowd.  My personal experience has
never been the slide show soporific, the worst is having to admire pictures
of really ugly babies and having to say something non-offensive.

 My comments were directed about the majority of people who just want an
image of themselves, their children, grandchildren, places they value.  Most
people aren't especially technical, nor do they need to be.   Digital P&S's
promise ease of use but deliver mostly headaches to many people.  I've known
people who didn't understand that format meant that their daughters wedding
disappeared in two button pushes.  I know people who keep buying memory
cards because they can't figure out how to get the files onto their
computer.  I know people who set their camera to "e-mail" and then think
that digital cameras can't produce decent pictures.

We are really in a period much like the industrial revolution in the mid
1860's where all of society changed.  It takes a while for the group to
catch up with the leaders.  Perhaps that is why the fastest growing facet in
photography is disposable cameras, it doesn't get much easier than that.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] digital and consumers)