Subject: Re: [Leica] digital and consumers
From: Rick Molin <rickmolin@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:13:43 -0700 (PDT)

Why is everyone getting their shorts in a knot over
this? Digital "photography" won't last.  It's a fad.

Rick
- -------------------------------
Aram Langhans wrote:

I agree.  My brother-in-law is a case in point.
Bought a fairly expensive
digital camera ($600) and already had the computer.
Told his wife they will
never have to buy film again.  Took shots for about a
month and got
frustrated.  I never did see any real prints ("I'm
working on it").  I have
not seen the digital camera for months.  I do see
their old Pentax 35 P&S,
complete with duct tape holding the camera door shut,
many times.  Many
great snapshots of their kids and their life.  He is
NOT computer
illiterate, but he is not a dedicated amateur
photographer.  Maybe 15 rolls
a year at Costco and the quality is just what they
want.  He is
representative of the vast majority of picture takers
out there.