Subject: Re: [Leica] Tina Manley Highlighted!!
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 21:16:21 -0400

At 08:49 PM 5/21/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Fellow LUGnuts,
>
>Tina Manley had a wonderful interview published in the Summer 2002 edition
>of Photographer's Forum.  She was interviewed by Ken Lassiter in a 9 page
>spread with five B&W  and one color photo published.  She even quotes my
>friend, Ted Grant with saying, "When you photograph them in color, you are
>photographing their clothes.  When you photograph them in black & white,
>you photograph their souls."
>
>I've read about Tina in the LUG for quite a few years.  It's like someone
>in your family getting published.
>
>Congratulations.  Great article Tina.  Great photos and nice to read about
>the improvement they have made in the lives of your subjects.  I'll be in
>Charleston, SC this weekend as a tourist.
>
>Richard

Thanks, Richard!  I wish I had a copy of the magazine, but they haven't
sent me one yet :-(    I'll go to the bookstores in Charlotte tomorrow and
see if there are any copies available.

When you go to Charleston, be sure and look up my son, Tim.  He is a tour
guide with Polo and drives a horse carriage while giving a very good
historical overview of Charleston - he just graduated from the College of
Charleston.  He also photographs with my old M4 and 75.   The weather
should be wonderful in Charleston this week-end.  Sermet's on King Street
is a great place to eat - also Slightly North of Broad, Magnolias,
Blossoms, and Cypress on Bay Street  - Justine's on Bay for soul food - and
Bowen's Island for oysters.  I love Charleston!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

images available from: