Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica and digital photography
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 21:12:08 -0400

> I agree that a CD burner or other storage device is
> necessary.

And a computer of sufficient speed and disk space...and memory...

> Putting the photos
> on the web in places such as geocities is fairly easy, even
> for people that don't know how to build a web site.

Absolutely, but that can be done with a flatbed scanner, and/or a film
scanner.

> And look at the really positive things:
>
> No more boring your "friends" and family with endless
> unedited slide shows;
> No more having to lug a heavy album of prints around to show
> your "friends" and family pixes from your vacation;
> Heck, Aunt Margaret, who lives 500 miles away, can look at
> your pixes on your very own website;
> And you can always burn copy CDs and mail them to everyone
> for Christmas!

Yeah, but as I said, that doesn't require a digital camera, you can scan
film/prints too.

There ARE a lot of positive things to using digital for quite a lot of
people, but that still doesn't mitigate the costs involved.

Austin