Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica and digital photography
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 17:12:32 -0400

> Face it, despite what someone suggested, digital saves money. You
> can argue
> all you want about the quality, but no one who has any idea what so ever
> what they're talking about will contend that digital is more
> expensive than
> film.
>
> B. D.

Hum.  Well, what about the cost of storing the digital images (and you do
need multiple copies BTW)?  They can be burned to CD, and you can get 500 or
so per CD I'd guess, but you do need to have a computer with a CD
writer...and that doesn't come free.  It isn't that expensive, but it sure
does enter into the equation.  Storing film is cheap, put it in a box...but
there really, at least in my book, isn't a clear winner as far as cost goes,
and I'm hard pressed to accept a blanket statement that digital is cheaper,
since I know for me, it hasn't been...but then, I probably don't have any
idea what so ever what I'm talking about ;-)

Austin

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica and digital photography)
Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Leica and digital photography)