Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: digital review
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 19:47:22 +1000

>On 20-05-2002 07:00 Allan Wafkowski wrote:
>
>>  It's difficult to understand how this happened. Granted, some of the
>>  testing procedures are extreme--really, how many people blow up their
>>  digital images 200 times? But Panasonic knew what its camera would be up
>>  against. How in the world could they have let the cameras leave the
>>  plant looking conspicuously less commanding then their peers?
>>
>>  I suspect Leica is waiting for improvements before releasing the camera
>>  under its name. It hard to ask for a premium price when lower priced
>>  cameras are out performing you.
>
>I find all these testing results very odd. Chasseur d'Images has tested the
>Panasonic camera and came to the conclusion that it is an excellent camera,
>with flattering picture quality.
>
>Odd. Very odd.

This has certainly made me cautious. I lost my digital camera and
need one for work. I was going to lash out with the diglux, so that
ifffffff I took a good image, it could still go in for FOM2, but now
the alternatives need to be considered. Please someone tell me it
"aint" so. ;-)
- --
Alastair Firkin

http://www.afirkin.com