Subject: Re: [Leica] Update to the Hexar/Leica back focus test
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 12:48:33 -0700

At 1:10 PM -0400 5/19/02, Paul Chefurka wrote:
>I tightened up my procedures and picked a section of the neg closer to
>infinity to examine.  Lo and behold - there's just no dang difference.
>
>http://www.chefurka.com/Misc/BackFocus.html
>
>Paul

I regularly shoot pictures with a Hexar and 35 Summilux wide open.
This combination should not work if there is any significant
discrepancy. There is no discrepancy, and the pictures focus at the
same plane as when the lens is used on my M's. 400+ rolls through the
Hexar confirm this.

1.1mm flange/focal plane difference??? No way.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com