Subject: Re: [Leica] Try again
From: "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 12:50:05 +0100

From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 19 May 2002 02:19

> Hi again Graham.  I believe Ted is correct that this landscape has too
much
> going on.
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/sywell_01.html
>
> If you can return then push your lens through the greenery and use the
lush
> purple flowers as a foreground to the people on the path.  A less harsh
> lighting would help as well.  Think of this as an invitation to go back to
> lovely garden in the evening, perhaps with someone you care about and a
> bottle of wine and a Leica.  Your friend could pose on the path for a few
> minutes and then you both could enjoy a little wine with evening coming
on.
> Isn't multi-tasking a wonderful thing?
>
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

Don,
        The point about foreground clutter is well made by yourself, Ted
Grant and other off list comments. So much for my stab at arty framing. The
flowers are bluebells and the area is wild woodland which explodes with
colour and last only briefly. I may get a chance to re-shoot before they are
gone, if not here are some others I took.

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/sywell_02.html

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/sywell_03.html

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/sywell_04.html

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/sywell_05.html

 I do not have anyone that I could share a bottle of wine with at the
location but if you have a number I could call? I have on standby a
cardboard carton of Japanese Beaujolais (type) and I think anyone sampling
it would be amused by its' pretension. Am I classy or what?
        If you cannot suggest anyone to share the moment with I suppose I
could take my
wife. Her size would help bring down the harsh lighting by providing more
shade. The shadow of her arse weighs twenty six pounds :-) Is that
politically incorrect, I'm never sure how that works?

Graham
http://geebeephoto.com

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Try again)
Reply from Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] Try again)