Subject: Re: [Leica] 2 cam damage to an R6? Nah
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 17:51:46 -0700

As always I seem to find the problems, or they seem to find me for some
reason. I had the spring that keeps the diaphragm actuating arm under
tension break. It happened as I was using a 2 cam 50mm on my R6 while
doing stopped down metering. Fortunately it happened within the warranty
period of the replaced shutter assembly. Even though it really wasn't
covered the shop threw in the repair for free.
On a whim I stopped by this repair shop early this afternoon and had the
wind lever plastic tip replaced, which is now a spare, and had an M2 arm
put in its place for the sum of $35, while I waited 10 minutes. It pays
to know your repairman, at least some of the many.
Slobodan Dimitrov