Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Virus woes
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:12:32 -0700

Ken Wilcox wrote:
>>> I'm using OS X as well with Eudora as mail client. I think I was
> mailed this virus yesterday with a message that claimed the
> attachment claiming to be a preventative for the virus. It urged me
> to run the attached program (a win program) to inoculate my system.
> Very clever I thought.<<<

Hi Ken,
I'm not sure where all this virus stuff is originating,  but the past couple
of days my Norton virus destroyer has been lighting up like a Christmas tree
nearly everytime I down load.

I even received a couple e-mails like you about "getting rid of" and running
it as a precautionary thing. I didn't .

But Sandy Carter's machine went into self-destruct mode after something got
her and my son is in deep trouble with a machine that they don't seem to be
able to start or find the regular working software but it's now got software
that they deleted months ago surfacing.

And did they have everything of importance backed up? Well we all know what
the answer to that is before I say.... Nope! :-)

Anyway this latest round of virus invasion do not seem to be a hoax, but
they sure coming in fast and furious. I haven't even opened any attachments
from friends who I regularly do so. delete them all and if they're really
important they can send them again when the invasion is over. :-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net> ([Leica] Re: Re: Virus woes)