Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lenses For Wedding
From: Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 19:49:53 -0400

On Mon, 13 May 2002 15:24:12 -0700, Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> wrote:

>At 02:34 PM 5/13/2002 -0700, someone wrote:
>> >
>> > My philosophy when shooting weddings is 'my way or the highway.' So I don't
>> > do many weddings, but when I do one, I'm happy and the bride is happy.
>> >

>I think that this is totally incorrect. The person who is paying for the
>photography AND the person who's special day it is, should have exactly
>what they want, how they want it, and when they want it.
>
>Any photographer who tells a bride "you'll do it my way or not at all" is a
>very self centered photographer. Yeah, you are paying me and yeah, it's
>your special day that cannot be repeated, but the hell with you, I'm in
>charge here! Either I'm happy, or no one's happy!
>
>Phooey!
>

>Jim

Clients always have the option of saying "Thanks, we'll find another
photographer who will give us what we want."  All B.D. is saying, it seems
to me, is that there has to be an agreement between the photographer and
the client on the style of photography.  What you're proposing would seem
to end up with photographers having to provide all the various styles of
work desired by all clients.

I don't see anything wrong in saying "This is the way I shoot.  If you want
something else, find someone else."  Anything else is prostitution.  Phooey
on that!

Paul

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Lenses For Wedding)
Message from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Lenses For Wedding)