Subject: Re: [Leica] Lenses For Wedding
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 11:26:30 -0700

"inyoung@jps.net" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I also have a Hassy 500CM with the 80mm which I gave up using due to focusing difficulty.  Is there any way of improving my ability to focus better.  Even with the Minolta bright screen, I have hard time focusing accurately.  Maybe, I am not yet used to the format.
>
> Regards,
> David

I dot Focas it. I set it at 7 or 5 feet then walk quickly till I'm that
far from my subject. Then i blast em. With my Norman I'm shooting at F16
or F11. I've got a lot in focus although only one point exposed properly
really depending on ambient light. This has worked out for me with many
events and wedding. Of course a 50 Distagon gives me plenty more leeway.
I'd love a 60. And a 100. But then this is the LUG not the HUG.

I have used the same technique in 35mm format. Zone shooting. Can't
quite call it zone focusing but in a way you can.

YOU ARE the zone!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Zone is. You have to see it
for yourself.

Cypher: I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the
same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why
oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Hasselblad Noctilux <OT>)
Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Lenses For Wedding)