Subject: Re: [Leica] digital b&w
From: Pete Su <psu@kvdpsu.org>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:37:27 -0400

Actually, I noticed the other day that Kodak makes a version of one of
their high end DCS 760 digital cameras that shoot B&W only. I presume
this to mean that they are doing 6mp monochrome capture without the
bayer filter.

I think the super expensive 4x5 scanning backs might also be able to do
monochrome capture, but I'm not sure.

Both of these devices are way beyond the normal consumer price range
though.

Pete