Subject: Re: [Leica] Color print film wth Leica lenses
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 15:16:44 -0400

- --On Sunday, May 12, 2002 11:12 AM -0700 tm <leicar8@earthlink.net> wrote:

> In a local camera store yesterday, I asked a lady at the film
> supply/processing counter for several rolls of my favorite color print
> film, Koday Royal Gold 100, which I have used for years. She shocked me by
> informing me Kodak has discontinued it but will keep manufacturing that
> emulsion in higher speeds. Can anybody else herein verify that the
> 100-speed emulsion truly has  been/will be discontinued? If yes, would
> some of you give me your recommendations as to which 100-speed color
> print film I should switch to for general shooting (true skin tones,
> landscape, etc.)? Thanks.

If you ask Kodak, their answer will be Supra.

If you're determined to use a 100 speed film, I would also look at Fuji
Reala. The newer 400 speed color negative films are so good that they have
pretty much eliminated the use of 100 speed in color negative for me. If
you're willing to broaden your horizons in this respect, I would try Fuji
NPH.

>From a recent trip to Afghanistan, here is a shot on Reala:

http://berkshire.ldp.com/~rolfe/Afghanistan/afghanistan0001.jpg

And here is one on NPH:

http://berkshire.ldp.com/~rolfe/Afghanistan/afghanistan0005.jpg

(Only basic levels were applied in Photoshop.)

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.