Subject: Re: [Leica] LTM vs. M
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@wm.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 11:52:52 -0400

I routinely use a IIIf black dial, often with a collapsible Summicron on
it.  The issue with the LTM bodies, I think, is that you must virtually
count on having it CLA'd immediately.  R. Mueller in Toronto serviced mine
a few years ago, replacing the shutter curtains at the same time.  I was
astonished at the difference in the brightness of the VF, the quietness of
the shutter, and so on.  It performs as new.  They really are a lot of
fun.  I look forward to securing one of Tom A's LTM Rapidwinders, which
will make for an awesome little package.

Chandos