Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 at a Bris
From: "Victor Wek" <photvictor@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 21:27:34 +0000

The function you asking for “It needs to have either a better AE lock” must
be pretty unique, even in more sophisticated cameras. I just got R8 and I
can not find that ability there? I am doing intensive field testing and what
I do is measure light, set the time and shoot.  But that might be my “manual
cameras” habit.  And “matrix metering in AE mode” is not fool proof on black
dogs, I have to underexpose -1.
It is always something new to learn,

Victor

From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>

If the M7 had a button or a switch that would allow you to hold a
setting for multiple exposures, you would be right. Unfortunately the M7
in AE mode only locks the setting for one exposure. In this situation I
would meter manually once and just keep shooting until the light
changed. This is not something you can do with the M7 in AE.

It needs to have either a better AE lock or matrix metering in AE mode.
I would greatly prefer a better AE lock.

John Collier