Subject: [Leica] Re: Tetenal Protectan
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 11:48:09 +0200

It comes out of a spray can and there is a little tube to make it
easier to blow it into bottles. It is a heavier-than-air gas, some
people say it is butane or something like that, but I do not know. It
is highly flammable and there is a warning on the can to that effect.
A five second burst will be enough if there is 250 cc air in the
bottle you want to protect. I always use Protectan for my Xtol and
Neutol and have done so for the last five years. The can still seems
pretty full (I use 100-200 films per year, to give you an idea of how
much I use).